CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back to School

So I have finally made the trek back to Evansville to return to school for my junior year. Ick. That just does not seem right. Last night our junior UET class "kidnapped" the freshmen theatre kids and took them back to a theatre house to meet them and try not to make things quite as awkward for awkward party later that night. Let me tell you right now it is strange that I am an upperclassman. Introducing myself to the freshmen was so weird. It just seemed like not so long ago I was in their situation, all nervous and telling everyone where I was from and what my emphasis was. Ah, the old days *sigh.* I'm just getting soooo old. Not really, but it's starting to seem like it.

Enough with the reminiscing, let's talk about my apartment! So yes I have moved in to my very first apartment with three other ladies. I share a room with my dear friend Courtney. I think we are going to be pretty good roommates. Living with three other girls is going to be very interesting and most likely drama filled. Oh boy. The apartment is pretty nice for a university apartment that has probably been here for several decades. Maintenance just came to fix the non-draining sink, the hole under the sink that led to the outside, and the shelf that was collapsing in the back, so now that those are fixed it is a much better place. And we have a kitchen!!! I can't tell you how exciting it was to be able to wake up this morning and make myself a delicious cheese omelet and toasted english muffins. Wonderful!

Classes actually start tomorrow bright and early at 9am with Costume Construction, which I am very excited about. I will be making costumes for the plays this semester. I know the seam ripper will be my best friend, but I'm really looking forward to it. My other classes are Theatre History, which is an honors class and therefore will kick my bum; Cognitive Science which has a book called Mind Reading. . .get excited, kids I'm gonna be reading your minds!!; Health, bleh; Marketing, should be somewhat interesting but it's a night class so bleh; and Economics, major BLEH. So it should be a very . . .busy semester. 17 hours of classes, 10 hrs/wk of work study, then Children's Place on the side, plus volunteering, possibly mentoring, radio show every other saturday, and whatever the theatre decides to throw my way. Woo Hoo for college and being a junior!

Well I will post some pictures of my room and the apartment up once it all gets decorated and such. Til then . . .pray for me.

2 comments:

Kim said...

it's Wednesday - I miss you! This was the last week of an open pool - you could have missed a few classes and started a week late - you know!

Rachel Spence said...

ahhh back to school....guess it had to come sometime. boo hoo