CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Birthday Birthday Party Party!!

For those of you who did not know, this past Monday marked the wonderfully magnificent day of my birth. It was a rather marvelous event marking the end of my teenage years and the beginning of my life as a twentysomething. Oh boy! So of course I had to have a splendid party that celebrated everything teenage, well kind of, the cake at least did. For my first birthday gathering I had a duel celebration with my friend Heather whose birthday was just a week or so before mine. The party began with some delicious food, prepared by us of course because who else should cook for your birthday party but yourself?

Yes, I made a delicious pasta bake with some breadsticks, while Yuliya made a wonderful Cucumber Tuna salad (well I assume it was wonderful, I'm not a fan of salads myself. or any other vegetable for that matter . . .)

Following our splendid dinner we went to Dairy Queen to pick up the ever so glorious birthday cake. Now, to preface this next bit I should tell you that ever since I started Webb and began hanging out with Heather and Kayley and my other vunderful friends, we have had ice cream cakes from Dairy Queen. And on every birthday cake has been a band of some sort (Incubus, Rooney, Incubus, Kings of Leon, etc). Well this year, since we were celebrating both of our birthdays, Heather and I had to agree upon one band to put on the cake. Now, I'm not sure how many of you out there have heard of the Jonas Brothers. They're kind of a big deal, especially in the Disney watching population of the world. The comparison I always make is that they are the Hanson of the next generation. Well, they are kind of a guilty pleasure of mine and Heather's so, that's who we decided to put on the cake. And they're pretty.

It was a pretty great cake and even the girl who worked at Dairy Queen was altogether too excited to see this cake (apparently it was infamous at the local DQ).

After the cake some crafting ensued, but I will save that for another post.

OH, but the celebrations did not end there folks. No, because my birth is such a big deal I had another party (on my actual birthday) with, and I did not think this was possible, an even more fabulous cake than the previous one. Now, to "get" the cake you will have to have watched Steel Magnolias. I swore off that gosh darn movie for the longest time after I was in the play in high school, but it does have it's pretty hilarious moments, one of which is at the reception where there is a "Bleedin Armadilla Groom's cake." Well, Momma was asking me what kind of cake I wanted and I mentioned red velvet, then I immediately thought of that darned cake and mentioned it to her. Well, I do believe that got her wheels to turnin since it was kind of a cake challenge. I mean, really, who wants to bake a plain ole rectangle cake year after year? So the product, my friends, is the following:

I know, I couldn't believe it either. I was pretty darn impressed. And it was delicious too. Here it is all cut up:


So, major props to Momma for an amazing job well done with the cake. I just can't wait to see what she tops it with next year. I'm thinking a marble giraffe . . .

2 comments:

Rachel Spence said...

Ahh yes the birthday cake to beat all birthday cakes!! It was yummy.....a giraffe? Can't wait to see that one...hmmm what should I ask for?!

kayley said...

I AM SO JEALOUS OF THE JO-BROS CAKE!!!