CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Crafty Crafting Time

You may or may not have noticed that on the side of my blog under the things I like, I have a link to The Cute Book by Aranzi Aronzo. Well, my friend Yuliya and I have become slightly obsessed with these adorable felt creatures ever since we discovered the book in DIY arts and crafts at Southern Girls Rock and Roll Camp (which also has a link on the side :-) At camp, Yuli made an adorable little monkey and I made a little pink hippo-ish creature. They are pretty easy to make, assuming you don't try and make them 3-D, we are still working on that one. Yuli and I even ended up crafting at the birthday bash over the weekend.

And here are some of our creations so far. This one is an elephant:

And this one is a precious little whale that Yuliya made:

And this is a blowfish I made for a certain someone who loves the colors it's made from (my dad. shh!) If you have not heard the blowfish story involving my father, well just ask. It's pretty hilarious, and I have teased him about it ever since I found out. so, furthering the teasing:

This next one was kind of a struggle to make and it turned out a little rough looking, but I think it's pretty cute anyway. And for this one we also get a model! Miss Heather and her sad cancer stick:


And this is just the beginning folks. Yuli and I are planning on making an Etsy page and selling some of these adorable little creatures. So, keep an eye out for that. In the meantime, if you are interested in these at all, just let me know and Yuli or or I can make a one of a kind cute creature for you!

Also, I have my own Etsy page, selling my tie dyes.
Right now I only have a couple of shirts up, but I will have plenty more up when I do my next round of tie dying. Until then, DIY or Die! woo hoo crafting!

P.S. my friend Kayley has a pretty cool blog called in the shadowplay. If you like music and random bands like The Cure, Nine Inch Nails, Menswear or Bright Eyes then this is the perfect music blog for you. The link is on the side of my blog. Check her out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachel Spence said...

I want one!! Actually...my kids want one, Ni Ni! =)

Kim said...

that whale - a riot!!